Wilkinson Sword Dartmoor Survival Knife. Unused.

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Genuine WS Dartmoor, this isn't one of the seconds that are knocking about, but an original one in unused condition. And it's fairly sharp..!

I won't go into too much detail, most will know the knife well.. I will say they are long discontinued.

3e5yry9a.jpg

zumy7e9e.jpg

a9u7y8yd.jpg

urare9y3.jpg

egu4y5e6.jpg

2u3y5eru.jpg

I'll try it here for a while before it goes over to British Blades..

£175 via BT please. RMSD on me..

Thanks BCUK.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Ewww I don't need a third, I don't need a third.

Awesome kit and an investment. One of mine is an early numbered blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
The survival tube is empty, best to fill that with what you prefer as I think the original bits were not ideal.
The original brass snare wire is still unused behind the section on the sheath.

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
It's basically an investment. Unless you want to use it. It wouldn't take much to put it like new with micro mesh if you were to.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Never used mine in anger and never really want to sell it.... Mine is a pig to sharpen thou; Mr Budd said he would dress up on the workshop for me bless him! What's the best method of sharpening folks??

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Aware this could end up as a thread hijack. My numbered blade I cannot bring myself to use.
So I bought a set of parts last year and FGYT from this forum ground the blank for me. I can only say as a working knife it's just a pleasure to use.
So whether you want it as an investment or a working blade you cannot really lose.
I think this is very reasonably priced. Mine cost more to make up. This time last year I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Wife will give me hell for 3.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Aware this could end up as a thread hijack. My numbered blade I cannot bring myself to use.
So I bought a set of parts last year and FGYT from this forum ground the blank for me. I can only say as a working knife it's just a pleasure to use.
So whether you want it as an investment or a working blade you cannot really lose.
I think this is very reasonably priced. Mine cost more to make up. This time last year I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Wife will give me hell for 3.

Ha, ha - resistance is futile?!

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Lovely knife though. Will you use it or keep it? They look great I would love one but cannot afford it.

Sent from somewhere?

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
It will stay unused. It will be reunited with a set of the original survival kit components for it then will get "laid down" for my kids.

I have a working version that I wouldn't be without. To really appreciate one of these you need to hold it. The scale and weight is amazing.

Then there is also the sense of heritage. The fact it was the end of the line for Wilkinson Sword. Literally they shut the company mid production.

Quality remains long after the price is forgotten.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I like the idea of that, and yes I would like to get hold of one possibly a user though they look great.

Sent from somewhere?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE