Wilkinson Dartmoor Knife

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
As per title :)

Really interested in giving one of these a try after reading a couple of recent threads.
I'm not looking to spend a couple of hundred quid on a collectors piece-i can get a nearly finished knife direct from Dartmoor for £80 but if you have one you're not using please get in touch :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Define a 'nearly finished blade'. That description could range from a number of things from an unground slab of steel, to a blade without an edge.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
was it any good ? seen a few broken ones , id ask a maker for a slab of stainless and wrap it in 550 . good luck i think they hold a premium price for what it is .

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Plus, you'd really still have to buy the guard, handle and securing nut to get the best from the knife. The sheath too. All this would add up to the amount of a complete knife.

Meh. It'd be cheaper to get a train to Southey's area and burgle him.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
As per title :)

Really interested in giving one of these a try after reading a couple of recent threads.
I'm not looking to spend a couple of hundred quid on a collectors piece-i can get a nearly finished knife direct from Dartmoor for £80 but if you have one you're not using please get in touch :)

You've forgotten to put up what you've got for swap in return. As you've read in the regs: no money is to change hands in Swap Shop.

Wonder how many hours work is there to finish? £80 for a ht'd unground blank is not IMO a nearly finished blade.

well the one without a guard is only £29 so the guard alone is £50

or you could get it ground but no guard for £69 so the grinding is £40

Probably take 30-60 mins to grind it sharp depends if you want to so yes its shaped and heat treated and cleaned up so is a nearly finished Blade ;)

if your not worried about an original handle etc you could do a G10 filler piece in the gap and do some bolt on scales

So if you only want the blade shape and can grind HT ed its pretty cheapish

if you want Southey you can come over and grind one up :D once youve tried yours and worked out what you want to change ( I'd start with the Blade and the handle then move on to the Sheath :lmao: should be fine after that )

ATB

Duncan

Last edited:

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
oh dear..... the £80 knife i was referring to is the budget knife from dartmoor blades which is ground and comes with a sheath just no handle!!!! to be honest im sure theyd do me a deal with a handle if i asked for it! i just dont want to spend that sort of money for something i may not use and to ask £250+ for it i think is just rediculous and we all need to realise the current climate...although saying that if someones stupid enough to pay it....

I havent listed swaps yet as to be honest i wanted to get people interest asap....

upto how i have..

New Falkniven F1 my missus bought for me but has sat in a drawer for a year unused (though the box is a bit worse for wear) with plastic sheath
Handmade small Damascus skinner neck knife with leather sheath and bone handle - paid £80 odd quid for it about 6 mths ago and have never got it out of the drawer

and still loooing!

Thanks Duncan for the offer-its much appreciated :)
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE