Wildlife pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
As they pollinate my grapes, my favorite little animal has to be the variety of bumble bees. Some nest under my garden shed which is OK with me.

Try to load a video, please. If you can, then explain how it works.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I got a Laowa 50mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro Lens today I set it up on my Olympus OMD EM1 ii with my STF-8 and tested it on some springtails on my bin and water butt but also on some vegetation but those were one handed.

Here are some shots

Katiannidae by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Katiannidae 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Springtail by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Here are some recent shots with my Sigma 105 f2.8

Feeding springtail by Alf Branch, on Flickr

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
A few weeks back I made some nest boxes, primarily for the tits we get in the garden. I used the plans from the RSPB's website, and made them up out of some lengths of leftover gravel board (150mm wide, 19mm thick). I placed them in some suitable locations around the garden, and the warm weather last weekend seems to have prompted some interest: [this one is nearest the house]

50996367478_c938869fe8_z.jpg

50996368498_17140500c8_z.jpg

50997180532_54ed2443e9_z.jpg

All three of the tit-sized boxes seem to have new tenants, but so far the larger woodpecker box has only attracted some Greater Spotted woodpeckers for drumming practice. We will keep an eye on it....

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I got a Laowa 50mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro Lens today I set it up on my Olympus OMD EM1 ii with my STF-8 and tested it on some springtails on my bin and water butt but also on some vegetation but those were one handed.

Here are some shots

Katiannidae 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Springtail by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Here are some recent shots with my Sigma 105 f2.8

Feeding springtail by Alf Branch, on Flickr
VERY COOL!!!

Reactions: brancho

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE