Wildlife Cameras??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
What's a good model of wildlife cameras/videos to get? Cheap but decent to identify and capture (image only) wildlife visiting a garden. I'm moving into a decent sized and significantly natural garden that is on the edge of a rural village. I'm guessing there is wildlife passing through.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
If you scroll down this thread (it may be after page 1) there a a number of photos taken by Nomad64 (I think) on a Crenova trail cam that are really quite good. They sell for about £60 on Amazon.

However, I am considering spending a bit more next time and getting a 'no glow' version as the red light on the Crenova is visible and does startle some animals.

I'm sure you've thought of it, but make sure there are routes through any boundaries between you and your neighbours - gaps in the bottom of fencing etc.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
We bought a generic wildlife camera - photo and video - with a Debenhams voucher we'd be given as a wedding present. It was about £45. It is a sort of Bushnell clone, and is apparently a "Electriq Pro Outback 12 Megapixel Photo
Wildlife Camera". I'm not sure they're available any more, but it still works well, and we sometimes use it as a way of keeping an eye on what is coming into the garden. It takes 4xAA dry cells or a power adaptor, and records onto a micro SD card. The photo and video quality is quite good really, but nowhere near as good as a DSLR of course.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE