Wilderness survival shelter hut

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Hey guys , I just arrived home from the woods and uploaded this video , if it will be interesting for you watch it , also give me advices if I am doing something wrong (don't be too hard on me , I'm the only bushcrafter in my country :) )
It was a great experience , me and Max had a good time in the woods.
Please like the video and subscribe to my channel if you wish to help me , thank you.

[video=youtube;WA-Ij8zH-UI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA-Ij8zH-UI[/video]

Pitkin

Life Member
Jul 26, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Nothing wrong there Pal, perfect illustration on surviving the night in the woods, well,done to you sir and thank you for sharing. ��

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
Actually your shelter is better than most, good size without being to large (hard to heat).
A used 'E' blanket (aluminum foil) could be used to cover the fire reflector and make it more efficient.
Use a small grill or a few metal pins (tent pegs) straddling 2 parallel sticks across the fire, will allow a less intense heat, on the bottom of your mess kit to cook your bread.
Good video, maybe a bit louder for us old folks. Nice dog though :)

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Thank you guys ! Such nice words from you pros to me a beginner means a lot to me.
Well that night it was not so cold about -5 celsius or somewhere like that and me and max were sleeping together so we warmed each other :)
Yeah recently I saw that my kit is missing those metal pins or little grill to put the mess kit on and I am thinking to get them somewhere.
Yes my boy Max is a good dog and a good companion for camping and hiking , he is really smart and he does everything what I tell him , also he is a really good hunter.

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
Gcckoka, No ones is a "pro" whatever they may think or imply, I am 60+ and still learn from all. Keep on experiencing, learning and always ask questions (log them in the back of your mind). What works today may not work as well as something else, in another setting, another day.
Work on your axmanship, to many glancing strikes will take a toll. Keep it sharp.
Make a grill, an old rack from from a used up stove, (modified for practicality), I use 2 aluminum tent pegs(long).
Get, make a blanket/pad for Max, it will serve him in the long run. Make him a pack system and get him to carry it. Maybe even with a bowl or 2, nothing overly heavy though.

Last edited:

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
nephilim

Thank you !

tsitenha

I try to keep it always sharp.
Yes I have an idea in mind for a compact grill, which I will do.
Recently I saw a pack on a dog in some video and I liked it very much , Max is a really strong dog I workout with him everyday for 4 years since I have him , he does lot of running and also swimming , next to my friends pointers he looks like a bodybuilder standing next to me :)

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
I use aluminum "tent pegs" that are twisted like a cork screw, steel would do just as well, stainless steel even better.
My pegs started off 1/4" square stock and twisted, I like this feature because I also use them as a meat skewer and the twisted feature allows the meat to adhere to the skewer without sliding off. Also for a more even cooking the metal conducts heat to the inner portion of the meat, so handle with care.
I like this twisted feature for a lot of my tools, for looks, gripping and adhesion.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Arya

Thank you !

tsitenha

yes that is a good option I saw exactly that on one youtubers setup and I liked the idea.

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
What its on Utubes, I thought I was the genius of this idea, I guess I'm not the only one (genius) here.
Good ideas are hard to hide.
Now I guess you want to know the rest of them..........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE