Wildcanvas loveliness!

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I went to the game fair at the Bath and West showground on the weekend and came across these chaps:

www.wildcanvas-outdoor.com

Some really nice kit on sale for all you lovers of old school canvas kit and they said they replicate other styles if asked. They seemed really nice people too!
No connection, I just know this will make some of you weak at the knees :)

Last edited:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Lovely indeed...and no doubt expensive. I got as far as the tarps then stopped myself. You are a bad man Swotty :evilangel:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Repeat after me. "I am a bad man and will not post such loveliness to tempt that poor man!"

Lovely stuff, have a strange hankering to go outside now! Cheers for posting.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
IMG_0307.jpg

Maybe I'm being too harsh (this could be a prototype) but the stitching and finishing of the leatherwork looks a tad ropey to me. I'd expect better. You can even see where it's been moved.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Haha....sorry chaps!

Very tempting kit isn't it I quite like the forged kitchen knives too......sadly I'm very skint after lots of unexpected vehicle expenses but I think you should all treat yourselves on my behalf :p

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Oh dear, that stitching doesn't look good at all. The edges seems very poor and are unfinished.

I suppose the price is 'competitive,' so some corners have to be cut. I'm of the opinion that you get what you pay for, and would rather buy a more expensive item finished to a higher standard, with the expectation that it will last longer. At that price, you're not going to get burnished edges or hand stitching.

I suppose there are people out there who buy stuff like this and don't use it, so maybe they don't focus on things like the quality of stitching and finish etc?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I seem to remember one of their packs on here for sale last week, I think it was Man of Tanith who was selling it

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Oh dear, that stitching doesn't look good at all. The edges seems very poor and are unfinished.

I suppose the price is 'competitive,' so some corners have to be cut. I'm of the opinion that you get what you pay for, and would rather buy a more expensive item finished to a higher standard, with the expectation that it will last longer. At that price, you're not going to get burnished edges or hand stitching.

I suppose there are people out there who buy stuff like this and don't use it, so maybe they don't focus on things like the quality of stitching and finish etc?

This is worse than cutting corners though - this is an image they chose to promote their product. ie. they don't even see an issue with it.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
That's not cutting corners though - this is an image they chose to promote their product. ie. they don't even see an issue with it.

I agree, if that is the image they choose to promote their product, I'd hate to see what the finish on the inside of the pack is like:O
It that not still cutting corners though? They're just unashamed of the corner cutting, in both senses of the word!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE