Wild woodgas stove MkII or Solo Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
The Wild gas II looks like its wider and more stable, and I really liked it. The Solo looks very similar to the Bushbuddy/Bushcooker cookers, but I haven't used it, so can't really compare. If it is similar in dimensions to the bushbuddy/bushcooker, I'd opt for the wild Gas instead.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Urggh - hexi!

Actually, if you're looking for an alternative to hexi and want a wood-burner, I can thoroughly recommend the Emberlit. Very light, packs totally flat, and allows you to feed in long pieces of wood to avoid the hassle of continually removing a pot to feed in more twigs. Its not a gasifier, but still very effective. I think I had a post on it somewhere - I'll look it up.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Ive been using my Wildwood woodgas (thanks Andybb) and love it to bits. At the weekend i used it with a Trangia spirit burner. I was lucky enough to drop on a 14cm zebra which it just drops inside along with a few firelighting bits.
I find it really stable and the pan supports cover most sizes of pan. The only thing i cant put on is my 44 mug due to its shape.

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
I got mine at Xmas as I like to use available fuel rather than carry it. I love it, a vaseline cotton wool balls lit and dropped in and away you go. I tried the cat litter last weekend and got an hour and half burn from 150ml of wood pellets. Packs away in my billy. Just a few minutes with a hand saw to make some little logs and you can regulate the heat by adding more or let them burn down. I use a MSR foil windbreak. A trangia burner or penny stove fits inside just when packed.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Another vote for the woodgas stove, i like mine a lot, decent heat and flame with very little to no smoke.

Jurassic

Dec 18, 2010
Helensburgh, Scotland
I was messing about with my Wild Woodgas stove last weekend and noticed that my mates small stainless Kelly Kettle fits perfectly on top and boy does it burn with that on! I've just tried my own aluminium Kelly Kettle and it fits as well (although not quite as well as the stainless one does). Just in case anyone has a Kelly and this stove and hasn't tried this combination. :)

MarvTommo

Forager
Feb 2, 2014
Sittingbourne
I really like the look and setup of the wild woodgas but i dont own either. Question/suggestion if nobody minds, what about the honey stove or woodgas stove whats the opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have both and like them. If I was to choose between them it would be the honey stove but only because it takes up less space when packed. I use both mine with wood and spirit burner but like above my F1 storm kettle fits on brilliantly(F2 fits better) giving an incredibly fast boil time. Also at this time of year I carry a small bag of wood pellet for if I can't find anything dry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE