Wild in us festival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
There has been advertising for this for this year, and I've been waiting for more info and the tickets to open for purchase.
Today, a friend with social media that I don't have, managed to ascertain that this year is cancelled. We were looking to book a stand to do spoon carving, and last year, they said they wanted us to come this year. We left contact details, but heard absolutely nothing from them.
So disappointed with this rather shoddy organisation.
As some of you may have read my review of last year, and the rather hit and miss of the event, they have sadly done themselves no favours by cancelling this year's promised festival of bushcraft. I've been tentivly looking forward to it for some time, and saving money for transport and possible purchases.
They are promising a return, bigger and better next year, but that was the promise for this year.
Even less impressed than I was before.
So sad, as there isn't much going on down this end of the country, and they could have been on to a good thing, especially as the wilderness gathering has moved so far away from the south west.
Missed opportunity big time in my book. I shan't bother if it is happening next year. I sadly can't trust their organising abilities.
I've decided I'm going to sidmouth folk festival instead!

Reactions: Toddy

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ahh, sorry to hear that, ti sounds like you were looking forward to it.
Might have to do the Moot ;)
Hope the sidmouth festival is good :beerchug:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Sidmouth is always good, and I know people there. Haven't been for a while, as it always clashed with wilderness gathering. So I've decided to have some fun by the seaside this year.
I'm realy going to miss wilderness, as I've been going to the farm for either the pow wow or gathering.. often both, for over 26 yrs.
End of an era. I'm gutted.
I'd love to come to the moot but,
Travel by public transport is literally a pain for me physically, and the cost becomes prohibitive when a taxi to get me to and from the local rail station alone is £140! Add on the train fares and cost of the moot.... I sadly just can't afford it.

• Wow
Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE