Wild Garlic Transplanting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
So, to clarify, its OK to plant seed now as opposed to autumn even though we're unlikely to get any frost for quite a while?

I wouldn't - you would hve to buy it - it'll end up as two year old seed before it germinates. My ramsoms are setting seed right now - so I would wait a few weeks for this years. gather that stuff up, plant that in about June and hope :)

If you fins some ramsoms with seed heads that are dropping seed then yep, shake some into an envelope, and plant out doors straightaway - don't wait for spring

Guzzi Goose

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2011
London
I've got some in a 12" terracotta pot burried up to it's rim in a shady damp spot in my garden, this means it dosen't need watering,
It was dug up at about this time of year chucked in a bucket and planted a few days later when we got home so I guess it's not too delicate.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I wouldn't - you would hve to buy it - it'll end up as two year old seed before it germinates. My ramsoms are setting seed right now - so I would wait a few weeks for this years. gather that stuff up, plant that in about June and hope :)

If you fins some ramsoms with seed heads that are dropping seed then yep, shake some into an envelope, and plant out doors straightaway - don't wait for spring

Ok.thanks Red.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE