Wild deer feeding

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Over here at this time of year the forest Rangers put food out for the wild deer in mangers at different locations in the forests .
Today I went to one of these locations where you can get reasonably close as long as you are quiet.

I had a fantastic early evening as the deer came out of the mountain forests to feed , The place I went to is well know for getting a good turn out of deer and it did not disappoint .
This is not an enclosure or a fenced in park where the deer are used to being around people, these are all wild deer from the forest that have come to feed..

I thought I would share it with you guys

P1020299.jpg

P1020296.jpg

P1020300.jpg

P1020295.jpg

P1020294.jpg

P1020302.jpg

P1020301.jpg

P1020305.jpg

P1020306.jpg

P1020308.jpg

P1020309.jpg

P1020316.jpg

P1020317.jpg

P1020318.jpg

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Very nice mate , each location in the world brings its own beauty , why am i salivating and thinking food and knife scales etc , is that wrong ?

Ivan...

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
That's really wonderful. Thank you.

The cynical part of me says that if something like that was tried in my part of the world, the locals would be queueing up to spoil it by shooting at them.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
They're probably fed for the hunt, more deer survive so more can be shot which equals happy 'customers' who will return. Also it keeps them concentrated in a given area, less walking to do & more chance of ' crossing their paths'
This isn't an anti- hunting rant by the way :D

Great photos.............................still not a lot of snow around.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
They're probably fed for the hunt, more deer survive so more can be shot which equals happy 'customers' who will return. Also it keeps them concentrated in a given area, less walking to do & more chance of ' crossing their paths'
This isn't an anti- hunting rant by the way :D

Great photos.............................still not a lot of snow around.

Snow came , snow went , snow coming back tomorrow :)

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
That's really wonderful. Thank you.

The cynical part of me says that if something like that was tried in my part of the world, the locals would be queueing up to spoil it by shooting at them.

It's called deer management Harvestman. The UK deer population is currently the largest it has been for centuries and is still growing. No-one wants to kill ALL of the deer but they do need managing.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Sorry, not criticising deer management at all, or hunting. More a comment that the locals would shoot them at the feeding station, thereby frightening them off and defeating the point of the feeding. And that they would do so illegally and probably indiscriminately.

Lets not turn this thread into a hunting argument, especially since I think we agree anyway :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE