Wild camping in the UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
its very interesting that the unfortunate people who sleep rough in shop doorways are tolerated, simply because if they were arrested (for trespassing,etc) they would need to be housed for the night either in a hostel or police cell, and that means money would have to be spent, yet a couple of folks who throw up a tent or hammock are usually chased , and threatened with being chatrged with trespassing, here in Cornwall it was estimated there was 3500 homeless over the Christmas yet there are thousands of empty caravans on sites here as well as empty second homes.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I've not been on the forum for quite some years. Some of you may have attended those original meet's at the old sawmill & perhaps have experienced that gale! Sadly defunct as the buildings are now condemned & plus I don't live there any more.
I'm in the throws of sorting out a secluded permissive wild camping spot. Early days right now but may get there this summer. East Anglia & big sky being the venue. With clean water, a loo & a fire pit. All legal too.

I've been to at least one meet at that sawmill. It was good fun but blimey, it was a while ago! I'd be interested to learn how you get on with that new spot. Regards.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Orhdposs

Forager
Mar 27, 2020
Essex
Trying to read this what's the reason for %^&*()) ? it's not English Grammar and I just switch off if your trying to hide some thing don't bother to write.

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england
just came across this government webpage for landowners restricting access and when they can not restrict access

28-day restrictions​

You can exclude or restrict public access rights for up to 28 days per calendar year except for land in the coastal margin. On tenanted land, the farm tenant has the 28-day restrictions allowance, not the land owner.

You can’t use these restrictions on:

• bank holidays, Christmas Day or Good Friday
  • Saturdays between 1 June and 11 August
  • Sundays between 1 June and 30 September
  • more than 4 weekend days in any calendar year

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/open-access-land-and-the-coastal-margin-how-to-restrict-public-access

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE