Wild Camping in France - Massif Central / Languedoc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone will have some first hand experience to offer. Later in the Summer I am off on a road trip from Scotland to Spain. I'll be travelling via ferry to the Netherlands, and intend to either break the journey into one or two overnighters depending on how well progress is being made / how busy the roads are.

I'm thinking of stopping for the night in the Parc naturel du Morvan if I do a single stop as it's roughly half way to my end destination. Though I am tempted to push further to the Parc des volcans d'Auvergne as someone was really rating it, and it should be quieter than Morvan, and leave me to cross the mid Pyrenees with plenty of time.

Has anyone been to this area and could recommend something easily accessible? I'm looking at local trails and potentially the GR also. A nice little forest with a wee hike in would suit. No doubt it'll be a late start to the day (8hr+ driving after all), but I'm not opposed to dusk/night hiking and it'll just be a simple hammock setup I take anyway. Worst comes to worst can always sleep in my van :lmao:

Any help would be really appreciated chaps!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE