Trip Report Wild Camp with the dogs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
As the footy was upon us I decided to grab my trusty hounds and head to the hills. I had a new stove I wanted to test prior to my dartmoor trip so any excuse. I headed up Brighstone downs to hopefully get a good view of the cliffs and sunset but was thwarted by a selection of cows and calves, not the best thing with 2 crazy bitches darting around. so after a quick about turn I headed up toward Limerstone in the fading light to try and find a suitable spot to whack up my basha. Plenty of wild life on show with a Barn Owl swooping above my bald spot and a hawk doing aerobatics first thing.I wish I was more confident with my catapult as there were rabbits a plenty but my skill doesn't warrant taking the shot.

I always wonder if posting my wild camp vids on here is out of place as they are not strictly Bushcraft, so if they aren't in keeping please let me know and I'll only put up trips where I take an axe, although there is an LK35 and a British Army Basha involved so I'm half way there.

Reactions: Arya

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE