Wife's soon to be new knife, Charles May OSK-1 Scandi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Arizroughrider

Forager
Apr 24, 2010
Prescott, Arizona USA
This will be my wife's third knife from Charlie. She has a Swamp Oak Scandi and a flat ground OSK-1. Charlie just sent me the pictures today. This will be her 5th cusom knife. The other 2 are from Jason B. Stout. Thanks for looking.

osk1side.jpg

osk1profile.jpg

osk1spine.jpg

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
not my kind of blade TBH, but i'll echo the sentiments of others on the workmanship, absolutely gorgeous fit and finish, and the sheath is a thing of beauty, i'm sure she'll be really happy with it

stuart

Arizroughrider

Forager
Apr 24, 2010
Prescott, Arizona USA
snip
Survival Knife Masterpiece
Posted by Terrill Hoffman. Author Archive »

This year "The Wilderness Gurus" gathered for their annual camping trip to design the perfect survival knife. RESULT: Charles May's OSK-1.

The search for the Holy Grail has been one of the world’s mysteries for a few thousand years. yet, the search for the perfect knife has lasted even longer. Ever since man flaked the first stone knife, he started trying to improve his invention. In the world of early man, his stone blade could truly be called a survival knife and it is the perfect survival knife that has ben the Grail for which I search.

A major part of my quest has been to garner information from those of experience and knowledge. You may have read in a recent issue of Tactical Knives about a yearly gathering called “Practice What You Preach.” The event is an annual camping trip where men and women from across the country come together to practice outdoor survival skills. The group consists of knife makers and designers, hunters and outdoor survival experts. All are avid knife users. What do you do when you have the knowledge of 70 outdoor enthusiasts gathered in one location If you share their interest, you tap it for everything it’s worth.
snip

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/tactical-knives/survival-knife-masterpiece/?right=related

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE