whos the best person to talk to on here

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I've had a couple of deals on here that while not worth shouting about, weren't as described. On the other hand, I have had numerous trades and purchases on here that have been as described and often even better.
The iTrader system on BB works well and seems to take little mod time, but a decision needs to be taken as to whether the occasional bad trade on here merits it I guess.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Really its nothing to do with BCUK, I got stiched up on a stove and one other item, total loss to me about £70. In the past I would send before payment to make sure the buyer was happy but now I would only send via a signed for courier service and after I have received and cleared the payment. Also NEVER send via paypal marked as a 'Gift' because IIRC you have no recourse to get your money back. One thing BCUK could do is ban sales asking for 'Gift' payments. Sellers should include the fees when coming up with a sale price.

It leaves a sour taste but it means I'm now very careful with buyers unless I know them. 99.99% of members here are as good as gold so don't be put off just cover yourself.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
That is a very knid offer g4ghb and a pm has been sent

On another note my original post while frustrated in tone was more an enquiery as to the course of action when trades are not going well rather than a witch hunt on the person I traded with.

The chap I traded with has now reconsidered and has offering an olive branch.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
received and attempted to reply - but you have exceeded your pm quota mate - time for a clear out mate!

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Possible hijack here.
What is the most you have lost in a trade or sale?
I lost 2 fishing reels,total value £360.I have proof of posting and delivery but the chap swears blind he never got them.This was a trade from over a year ago.
I couldn't claim from RM as they had the correct signature,it was too far to go and have a face to face,and the chap has since disappeared.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have had a couple of trades go bad - the main offenders are overseas members and are now no longer posting on the site so I have a world of trouble in even thinking about restitution...
All my UK trades have eventually come good, though a bit of nagging has sometimes been the only way to get the message home.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE