Whoes going to Anthonios ??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
I would be up for that. At the moment I am tied up with work, most weekends, until December but if something was organised I could see if I can fit it in. I think Donal was up there with ye, he might organise something through the Irish bushcraft club.

Donal..... anything planned for the winter ???

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
What do you mean Big Bow Drill, thats the size we always use only normally we have to use it on our own. Great weekend a big thank you to Anthonio for the use of his site , the use of his tools, the use of his Yurt, the constant hot water for drinks. Try this link for some photos http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57489317#post57489317
Thanks also to the Lads who made the stew, that alone was worth the trip.
If anyone is intrested and doesn't already know check out http://wild-live.org .
I have no connection with wild-live , I did a primitive living course about two and a half years ago and have had no contact since then . When I walked on to the site it was like I had visited the day before, I felt such a warm welcome. Great weekend looking forward to the next one already.
Tony

Crapbag

Hey Guys,

Twas nice to meet you all up there. I see lots of experienced people up your neck of the woods. If anyone wants any of my other photos just pm me. Hope to see you all again soon

Loz, what happened to you mate? I was expecting cans thrown at my tent and to get no sleep. Where were you? :)

Donal

Crapbag

Wow, you guys are quick off the mark!! I should visit here more often

Lets see if i can post these without breaking anything

PA050125.jpg

Anthonios lovely flint knife. Mainly a mantle piece item though, I was waiting for someone to try baton it into a log.

PA050126.jpg

I had to laugh at your reaction when he threw his carving knife over his shoulder! I could almost see a tear

PA050123.jpg

Some of these arrow heads are amazing. Im constantly hiking in Wicklow. I might be able to pick up some antler for flint knapping if anyone is looking for some. I have a bit but can keep a look out. There is alot of deer in the area

PA050119.jpg

Anthonio and myself work at the mmm... Donal drill, since there was no bow :) Hard work all the same.

Aug 18, 2008
Derry N.I
Awesome pictures.
I Wish I could made it.

I would be up for a weekend meet before Christmas.
Robert

For anyone Interested In another trip before the year is out Im organizing a 2 night trip in the mournes, Possibly analong wood with a seperate group im apart of but of course anyone is welcome.

We are thinking Mid Nov

I enjoyed the weekend. The craic was mighty, and I hope we can do it all again soon.

Irelandgathering011.jpg

Irelandgathering018.jpg

this was home for the weekend.

Irelandgathering003.jpg

Challenge of the weekend was to get an ember from the giant bow drill

Irelandgathering008.jpg

It wasn't until we got someone to sit on the bearing block that we finally got smoke.
Irelandgathering004.jpg

After our exertions, we all sat round the fire cooking sausages until they were a nice shade of burnt. Some folks, not satisfied with just a nice shade of burnt, continued to cook their's until is was an even nicer shade of burnt.
Irelandgathering009.jpg

This being Ireland, of course we had to sit by the fire and tell tall tales.
IrelandGathering1020.jpg

All in all, a nice weekend and meeting a lot of very nice people was the iceing on the cake.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Looks like you all had a great time, gutted I missed it Celt as it would have been nice to catch up with you. My wife and I have decided to move back to England so it would probably have been my last visit. Liked the pictures, the flint work is very impressive as usual.

Brian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE