Who makes the hooded shirt Ray MEars wears?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Hello guys,

I think I already asked this question some time ago when I saw Ray Mears wear this shirt in one of the earlier shows.

I watched Rays second new "show" with him staying in the jungle and he was wearing exactly the same "shirt" with an attached hood again and I really would love to know which company makes that shirt.

Could this shirt be made of ventile cotton ? to me it looked fairly "stiff" when wet on Ray.

Does anyone know where to get one.

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera :pack:

G

Ginja

Hmm ... don't take my word for it at all, but I have a feeling it 'might' be from a company called 'Snowsled' - recommended by Ray for Ventile jackets/shirts in one of his books (he does like product placement, does Mr Mears!). I'm looking at getting one myself, though they ain't cheap (£200 odd).

You can visit the Snowsled site at:

http://www.snowsled.com

... but it's not the best site in the world! If you're interested, contact them for a catalogue.

G

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Or DIY,
A search on the forum should point you to loads of info but pointnorth in the UK are a good source of ventile (still not found the fault in the seconds I bought) and patterns.
Though patterns are cheaper and you will find a better selection to buy from the USA. www.questoutfitters.com were really friendly and helpful, fast delivery and I got 3 patterns inc p&p for only about a quid more than one would have cost here.
Cheers
David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE