Who Makes Firesteels?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

OhCanada

Forager
Feb 26, 2005
Eastern Canada
What does it matter? Have you even checked out their website? Why don't you write to both companies? (It's the difference between fishing and just being given a fish :D ) It is a quality piece of kit made in Sweden, and Primus is a company in Sweden...you figure it out. Primus has been around a lot longer than Light My Fire but both companies offer the same quality product in the same two sizes.

It also tells you something when Primus products are sold through retail stores all over the world. THEY supply the re-sellers so give them a shout and see about getting a wholesale contract.

BTW Light My Fire does not say if it makes their fire steels.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Just because Primus and Light My Fire are both Swedish doesn't make them the same. :rolleyes:

I don't know if Light My Fire is the actual manufacturer or not but they are definitely the company that distributes them for the non-military market at least. Just give them a call tomorrow, Swedes generally speaks decent english.

Btw, there is an english Light My Fire as well, but they are just resellers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE