Who is ALICE?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
A while ago I got a large Alice pack, now it is used as a storage bag for odds and ends. I added it to an order from USA as it was cheap enough. I also bought a downeast 1603 frame, I was going through a thought process using various modular bags strapped to a frame depending on what I was doing I could add / remove bits to the frame.

Regarding the Alice bag I read a lot of what people called a 'hellcat' mod using the *better* downeast frames and straps / pads with an Alice pack...

garethw

Settler
Here's a medium Alice pack I made up a few years back with Down East Frame, Molle belt, straps and sleeping bag carrier.

Newalice01.jpg

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
The dutch got issued a fantastic bergen not that long ago, came in their version of DPM. It had wider and better padded straps with an adjustable back, no idea if you'll find them now but they were much better than the issue bergen. They had a good patrol pack too in the same DPM.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Really fancy this however have a feeling my lack of height will be a pain. Have a look at some of the mods for them like the plastic dustbin as a liner.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Aren't these decades lasting waterproof rubberised nylon bags made to fit the ALICE packs perfectly?

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
The dutch got issued a fantastic bergen not that long ago, came in their version of DPM. It had wider and better padded straps with an adjustable back, no idea if you'll find them now but they were much better than the issue bergen. They had a good patrol pack too in the same DPM.
The Sting/Stingray??...........yup the Alice sadly made way for one.......so comfortable with the adjustable back length

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The Sting/Stingray??...........yup the Alice sadly made way for one.......so comfortable with the adjustable back length

The only rucksack of that size I’ve kept. Hard as nails, comfortable, and with the side pouches attached about 100 litre. I don’t do much heavy carry in type camping these days, and I hate DPM, but I’m still keeping it. :)

Going surprisingly cheap, way less than I paid for mine.

Reactions: Laurence Milton

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE