Who here made....

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
I would like a different sheath for my More. I currently have an excellent one, I picked up off of ebay. However, I recall seeing someone here who had a sheath that had a dangle-loop (not sure exactly what its called), that is connected with a metal ring. Was this handmade and, if so, who makes them? thanks in advance!!

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
You also could inform with Leon-1 (also a mod on here), he's into leather ;) (work - I should add), and IIRC he also made a Mora sheath, but not sure though - so best to inform. Extremely friendly and a top bloke :D

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Have a look on ebay for a seller called ukexchange. I've bought a couple of sheaths off him in the past and been very happy with them. He does a Mk2 Mora sheath with a hanging loop so the sheath sits below the belt of your rucksack.

No connection with the seller - just a satisfied customer.

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
He's the one I currently have a sheath from. The more I think about it, the easier it seems to actually modify the one I currently have. I just gotta find a metal ring, and another loop of metal for it. And be able to spot weld it...but, I can get around that part fairly easy.

The pics of the ones posted were exactly what I was talking about. Thanks all!

leon-1

Ahjno said:
You also could inform with Leon-1 (also a mod on here), he's into leather ;) (work - I should add), and IIRC he also made a Mora sheath, but not sure though - so best to inform. Extremely friendly and a top bloke :D

I Have made them before and it's quite easy to modify a sheath, but this is what Ahjno was talking about
frosts9ya.jpg

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
whereabouts could I pick up a D ring, or large O ring, to modify it? It looks rather easy, and, barring finding a ring, I may just do a simple leather weave like the one posted above.

Steve27752

Settler
May 7, 2007
Berkshire, U.K.
oldsoldier said:
whereabouts could I pick up a D ring, or large O ring, to modify it? It looks rather easy, and, barring finding a ring, I may just do a simple leather weave like the one posted above.

A large split (key) ring would do the job. Try your local Timpson or other cobblers.
Steve :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE