White Rose Wood Meet 20 to 22 March - Pics

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
excellent photos - but please please in future use correct personal protective equipment when using chainsaws - if not for your own safety but to instill good practice into the younger generation.

To avoid conflict I have removed pictures from the events throughout the weekend where no/incorrect PPE or practices took place - must think of the children

A lot accomplished this Meet despite the chilly mornings and nippy nights.

Over a couple of days, two large dead standing trees were felled

No Chainsaw PPE
No Chainsaw PPE

eventually. :)

Limbed

No Chainsaw PPE

Split

No gloves, hard boots or eye protection

and stacked

No H&S on correct lifting technique

Still left plenty of time for carving

No metal chain gloves

Spoon making

No eye protection, heat gloves

Archery

Oh the horror.... the horror

and general chillaxing

Tree climbing above head height without climbing harness

Many thanks to all that attended,visited, stayed the distance or left in the early hours to answer the great white telephone at home. :)

Last edited:

ShooTa

Oct 9, 2014
N Wales
excellent photos - but please please in future use correct personal protective equipment when using chainsaws - if not for your own safety but to instill good practice into the younger generation.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Its my choice to not use ppe go wrap yourself and the younger generation up in cotten wool else where. Zźzzzzzzz the trolls are out.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
ACCIDENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM Name of the Activity or Event: __________________________Date of Activity or Event: __________________

I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING AND/OR VOLUNTEERING IN THIS ACTIVITY OR EVENT, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault. I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in the activity or event, and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this activity or event. I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by the event holders, sponsors, and organizers of the activity or event in which I may participate, and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity or event. In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:

(A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this event.

(B) I INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity or event, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise. I acknowledge that the White Rose Group and their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives, and agents are NOT responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific event or activity on behalf of the White Rose group I acknowledge that this activity or event may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and may carry with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks may include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials, and event monitors, and/or producers of the event, and lack of hydration. These risks are not only inherent to participants, but are also present for volunteers. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity or event. I understand that at this event or related activities, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns. The accident waiver and release of liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.

I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT, AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL. ________________________________ _______ _______________________________ __________ Print Participant’s Name Age Signature

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Any chance you could forward the pics to my inbox Martin? Best you took them off public domain, the world is a safer place for it thankfully

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
A lot accomplished this Meet despite the chilly mornings and nippy nights.

Over a couple of days, two large dead standing trees were felled

Dead%20standing%205_zpswzcycurm.jpg

Deadstanding%202%202_zpsxumlpgxx.jpg

eventually. :)

Deadstanding%202%204_zpss3zzdmyh.jpg

Deadstanding%202%203_zpsdyxq2auv.jpg

Limbed

Deadstanding%202_zps09jiovyj.jpg

Split

Wood%20Pile%203_zpsm7epucxl.jpg

and stacked

Woodpile%20complete_zpsz3kso1iv.jpg

Still left plenty of time for carving

Spoon%20carving_zpsnommrark.jpg

Spoon making

Bowl%20burning_zpsaeylhizn.jpg

Archery

Archery_zpsge2rvq1s.jpg

and general chillaxing

Tramp_zpsidu3ev5w.jpg

Many thanks to all that attended,visited, stayed the distance or left in the early hours to answer the great white telephone at home. :)

Scrumpy

Forager
Mar 18, 2008
Silverstone
www.predatorsport.co.uk
or left in the early hours to answer the great white telephone at home. :)

Let it be known publicly I diddn't nearly fill the tent with hurl, I got out in plenty of time, the demon like sounds were all put on for effect and I barely touched cloth in the undercracker department, the sickness bug was a breeze, I really don't know what all the fuss is about....

Great pics Martin as always, many thanks.

Are we having an extended meet this summer during the holidays with a stong emphasis on foraging as before, would be good to add to the lessons learned??

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE