White Rose Meet May 20th-22nd

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
icon1.png
White Rose Wood May

White Rose Wood Meet dates are from: 20th to 22nd May
Location : Behind the Super sausage cafe' on Moorend road, Potterspury, NN12 7QD

It's the wood on its own between Potterspury and Yardly Gobion on the left.

Parking is located about a half mile off the main road on the tight right hand bend, gate to left.

supersausagewoodbclpark.jpg
[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please read the following before adding your name to the list:

Prices are per person per night
·Adults £5
Children up to age of 18 Free [must be supervised by someone over 18]
·This is non-profit making, once the rent and insurance are covered any further funds are used to improve facilities or donated to a charity chosen by the group.

This venue is offered for family bushcraft activities only, and is not in any way offered as a course, although impromptu demo's may happen!

All drinking water is bought in bottled so please dont waste it, if you can bring a few litres please do, bottles can be filled at the local cafe'. There are now toilet facilities a long drop witch is screened off from view for you privacy, please burn used toilet paper in the burn ditch provided. or if you fancy treating yourself you could walk to the super sausage, have a "quality dump" followed by a full english and a fresh mug of tea.

Dogs are welcome until the owner says different.

Rules for dog owners are:
·Dogs to be kept by owners side or, on leads at all times when in the woods.
·Any fighting between dogs you may be asked not to bring them again – continual problems and your dog will not be welcome back.
·Any snapping or snarling won’t be tolerated at all so make sure your dog is dog friendly.
·Any dog that constantly barks or, makes too much noise and where there has been cause for complaints, your dog will not be welcome back.
·Dogs must be fully trained to bury thier own foul and burn any tissue paper used, just curling one out and giving it a little sniff before walking off looking pleased is not acceptable.

Parents/Guardians:

You need to be aware of where your children are at all times.
·Please keep an eye on your children in the communal area and not let them run around as we don't want any unnecessary accidents.
We incourage the safe use of sharps, please make sure all carving and like is supervised.
·Please ensure that your children are in bed or at your camping area from 10.00pm – 8.00am and are not running around during this period.

Fires:

·The only ground fire that we can have is in the communal area.
·All other wood (or wood type) fires must be raised so no scaring occures.
·Due to limited fuel, fires must be kept small, don't waste what we have!
·Please do not chop up the dead trees to use for logs, there is still plenty of smaller dead wood lying around

Rubbish:
·There are no refuse facilities on site.
·You bring it in, you take it away.
.There is never to be a communal rubbish bin.

Please remember to burn your toilet paper!!!!

By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of post one and the above.

Sasquatch & Joseph Friday-Sunday

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
I have a commitment Sunday but would hope to get along, seems too long since I managed to make a meet.

Sent mainly by pure luck using Tapatalk

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Feel free to join us for a day visit on Saturday if you're not too busy, you're always welcome round the fire.

Jan 16, 2016
By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of post one and the above.

1. Sasquatch & Joseph 20-22
2. Rumpole_Stiltskin 20-22 (tbc)

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester

3.Karl (Friday-Saturday morning)

Hubs

Sep 26, 2012
Border South Beds & Bucks

4. Hubs 20 -22(TBC)

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Sorry to hear that Andrew, I can't book meets too far in advance so keep an eye out on here in future. I'll just be booking them in as and when. Hope to catch you at the next one...

Last edited:

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Still no sign of the baby I was going to combine the two meet and birth. + the car has some problems EGR valve plus fuel leak from the filter. 2li hdi citroen Xsara picasso 03 plate if anyone has any techy nohow

Last edited:

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
What time Friday are people turning up?
I have to be in Northampton on a course Saturday and I expect you will all be heading off fairly prompt Sunday if normal play but if anyone is going to be around I may try and get away from work fri lunchtime

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I won't be there until about half 7 due to work but there may be others arriving earlier. Feel free to turn up earlier on Friday, no guarantees of anyone being about though!

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Assuming I get away from work I will get over and make sure the kettle is on for arrivals as I am probably closest:)

pieinthesky

Forager
Jun 29, 2014
Northants
I was planning to come along with my daughter Saturday afternoon to Sunday.

The weather forecast for Sat night doesn't look good, is there some shelter to sit under or just what we bring. We will walk there so cant bring much gear and don't have a Tarp .

I don't fancy spending the evening exposed to the rain with a cold wet 8 year old:)

Thanks

Mike

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Alright Mike. Normally a parachute would be up for the communal fire, it's currently in need of being restrung through a tree due to high winds. Hopefully this will happen this meet but I can't make any promises due to a knackered back. This is something that needs sorting as soon as possible as it makes a huge difference in bad weather.

I'll be bringing a small tarp just in case Alex doesn't bring a larger one so there should be shelter of some sort for the fire but I can't guarantee how effective this will be in inclement weather. As cold wet kids tend to go off camping quick it might be best to wait until the next one to do an overnighter if you're walking in with kit. Feel free to join us of course but unfortunately the forecast is looking a bit grim over the weekend. Perhaps a day visit with waterproofs and a hot flask would be more appealing to your daughter.

Understandable if you decide to give it a miss this weekend, hopefully future meets will be a bit more accommodating and we'll see you there.

pieinthesky

Forager
Jun 29, 2014
Northants
Daughter still seems keen despite my trying to put her off! So we should be there some time Saturday afternoon.

I would be happy to help restring the Parachute if you can give me some directions.

4. Hubs 20 -22(TBC)
5. Mike + Hannah 21 - 22

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE