Whirlwind break

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Gutted I had to miss the fungus foray at Fenlanders. Still I managed to get down to Devon for a couple of days on Tuesday and Wednesday last. I went to Exeter museum on the Tuesday and recommend a look-in if you're around the area. (it's free which is a bonus :D )They have a very impressive collection of flint tools including, arrow heads, adze, hammers, drills, axes from the mesolithic period and more of the same plus pottery from the neolithic period. Also tools from the bronze and iron ages all found around the Exeter area. Interestingly many of the finds are from close to the Exe river and many from the Dart valley (within easy reach of fish and shellfishing areas) and Dartmoor. Extremely interesting, and beautifully made. I went fishing to Berry head near Brixham on the wednesday and had a great days fishing. 3 large wrasse, 4 whiting, and 11 mackerel 4 of which were enormous :eek:. and a few small pollock and wrasse. Wrasse, pollock and whiting taken on rag worm and the Mackeral on float fished squid strip. I ate one of the large mackerel for dinner (soused in vineger with onions baked in the oven, just like my old Aunt Flo used to do) when I got back on wednesday and it was delicious Hectic couple of days but very enjoyable. Now back to the grindstone :( but the freezer is well stocked :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE