Whilst at Centreparcs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Whilst at Centreparcs with the family last week, I noticed that they had a small section in one of shops with lots of plant, animal type stuff.

I picked up an A5 card for about a £1, which has a list of common fungi on, in full colour, and will try and get this laminated. It's a handy size and looks pretty good.

The company has a website, but has a minimum order size of £10.00.

www.flightsoffancy.co.uk

The other stuff I picked up were "A guide to British mammal tracks and signs", and "A guide to woodland plants". These are produced by the FSC, Field Study Council, and are plasticised so will cope with getting wet.

Pretty chuffed with them.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
I noticed these products being sold in Heals the other day. However whereas on the website the duck call costs £5.99 Heals were selling it for £12 :eek: They do like to screw those Chelsea-ites!

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Whilst at centerparcs I get very "fenced in feeling". The family want to go swimming, saunering, eating etc. I want to be out in the woods. I will prowl the perimeter fence, escape through the back gate if there is one. I had a good time one year collecting materials to try charring on the fire - thats when I discovered Lime tree bark fibre as sub for charcloth.

It always frustrates me that they don't do guided long walks off site - get into the hills.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
rich59 said:
Whilst at centerparcs I get very "fenced in feeling". The family want to go swimming, saunering, eating etc. I want to be out in the woods. I will prowl the perimeter fence, escape through the back gate if there is one. I had a good time one year collecting materials to try charring on the fire - thats when I discovered Lime tree bark fibre as sub for charcloth.

It always frustrates me that they don't do guided long walks off site - get into the hills.

If you are lucky enough to go to the Centreparcs at longleat Wilshire, you have the option to walk out of the gulag and turn left there are woods to walk through, and hike to your hearts content. There are three top class pubs within 12 miles cross country walk. Plus an abundance of wild life to look at, if you time it right you can go for a full days hike and only have to cross one main road or see more than a few people.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE