Which UK bird is this?

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
1,493
1,178
West Somerset
Hi All,

The missus and I were out for a walk today, and we spotted this bird. Since I don't recognise it, could one of you confirm it's common name?

Cheers, Bob

46124072922_3a645f26f6_c.jpg


32303163328_f9f757403e_c.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ruud
Yup... what he said.

Beautiful birds. I can't remember which way it moves on the trees as it searches, either up or down and treecreepers move the opposite way :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Toddy
Ah, nuthatch! Thanks. It’s a pretty little thing, noticeably bigger than a blue tit, which were also in the area. I never saw one in Surrey, well not one that I noted, but since moving to Somerset there’s a heck of a lot more birdlife around.

Cheers, Bob
 
We've got Nuthatches here too, but they are not common like the Chickadees.
Soon as I rig a few IED for the squirrels, I might see more of them at what's left of the feeders.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE