Which Spade or Entrenching Tool?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Ooh! get us a picture and a quick run down on the construction when you have time mate! :0

I have now a CS SF shovel not to use but as i've been asked to kydex them looks solid though dosnt really need ot fold as its short enough to fit on a Bergan back
wouldnt want to do a fox hole with it tho

csft200.jpg
csbk200.jpg

csbk500.jpg

csft500.jpg

JohnnyB

Jul 26, 2013
York
I've had a NATO tri fold spade that I got 2nd hand for about £7 from the War & Peace show a few years back, complete with DPM pouch (dutch issue I believe). One of the best bits of kit I've bought, robust, sharp edge for chopping and very compact. I know you've got yours from Cadet Direct now Nomad but for anyone else looking you should be able to get them 2nd hand at militaria fairs etc and you shouldn't have to spend more than a tenner. Better to get a proper one 2nd hand than a new cheap bendy one IMHO. I have found that the locking device ( a sheath that screws down to the blade) has seized up a couple of times, worth a quick squirt with WD40 straight after use if you want to avoid lots of squirts with WD40 and forearms like Popeye just before the next use!

JB

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
United Kingdom, Near Hinckley
I have a CS SF shovel in the back of the car as it will do a reasonable job of digging, axe work or even as a pry bar.
Its not ideal for some of the bigger digging jobs straight off, however if you need to do a lot of digging you can replace the handle with a longer one quite easily, which is a big advantage.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE