Which Smock? [Or] Another smock thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
I own a ridgeline monsoon elite. It keeps up bone dry in the most torrential rain and wind.

But...

It's breathability leaves a lot to be desired. If you start getting warm when walking it's very difficult to regulate temperature. No pit zips is a pain. Iv started wearing an sad style smock (actually full jacket) from TBS. And in one of the MANY pockets I put a rolled up gortex jacket.

I do like the ridge line but only in very cold wet weather. Any warmth and it becomes sweaty

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Is that the current version of the ridgeline monsson elite you have Steve or an earlier version ? The current version is supposed to be much improved breaathability wise, but as it's on my shortlist for the autumn it would be good to know if it still runs hot ?

Cheers, Paul

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Well my swazi tahr arrived. And its dark/olive green gore tex. Not Tussock. Bit odd. Never seen one before, and cannot find a photo of one on google. Must have come from NZ

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE