which size Snowsled classic smock to order?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Hi all,

I'm looking for some input from people who have a Snowsled classic smock.
How is the fit of the smock? Is it tight or loose fitting? Does it fall up to the waist or below? Are the arms longish or short?
I am 5.11 and have a slim build (chest 39 inch measured on the skin). This puts me somewhat in between an M and an L. My normal size is M but I think I read a thread on here about someone ordering a classic smock which turned out to be too small. On the other hand I want to prevent getting a smock which is way too bulky. Does the smock compare in size to other jackets you have or is it different?

Any input is much appreciated!

DUCky

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
Lennart,
Took a couple of pics for you...hope they help. Velcro cuffs (that I had Snowsled add for an extra £10) are undone and the draw-cord is at its loosest.
smockkcopy.jpg

smockk1copy.jpg

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Steven,

Pretty cool looking jacket!! I am definately getting the velcro cuffs, but I think I will go for the two handwarmer pockets.

Thanks for the great pics! The fit you have would be what I am looking for. length just below the waist and arms just over the wrists so you have room for moving your arms up or forward. Might ask snowsled to add an inch to both the arms and the torso and I should be set!

Cheers,

Lennart

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
Any high-towers ordered the classic smock form Snowsled?

I'm 6'3" (190cm) with a 42" chest, 85Kg.

Anyone my size who can help out with size choice?

(pretty sure I need extra length somewhere :) )

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
You DO realize that this thread is 4 years old, dont you??

Yes I DO :)

But I read this in the Rules and Regs Section:

3 Do a search:
Before posting members should search the forum for a direct answer to their question. Admins and Moderators may ask members to search for the answer to their questions, should it already have been answered.

and found this post and thought it was more useful for someone doing the same search in the future to find answers about "which size might fit my body shape/size/weight", all on the same thread :)

I'm new here, but if there is a problem with what I've done, please let me know :)

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Yes I DO :)

But I read this in the Rules and Regs Section:

3 Do a search:
Before posting members should search the forum for a direct answer to their question. Admins and Moderators may ask members to search for the answer to their questions, should it already have been answered.

and found this post and thought it was more useful for someone doing the same search in the future to find answers about "which size might fit my body shape/size/weight", all on the same thread :)

I'm new here, but if there is a problem with what I've done, please let me know :)

No, no. No problem. Just checking that you where not expecting an answer from the original poster.
Cheers.
Stu

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
Ah, ok, thanks :)

For a minute I thought perhaps reviving old threads was frowned upon.

Anyway, any comments from someone tall about the fit of this smock would be very welcome.

Snowsled tell that (for Large size) the length from nape of neck to back hem is 34" and the length from "centre shoulder" to cuff is 32", but where exactly the centre of my shoulder is, I'm not too sure :(

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
Any kind soul who could help me with this one?

I plan to order a Snowsled Smock in Large size. I was a bit concerned about the overall length and sleeve length, so I emailed Snowsled. The reply came:

"As the Classic has a raglan sleeve we advise measurements as follows:-

Large size – back drop is 34 " (measured from centre back nape of neck to full length)

Sleeve length 32" (measured from centre shoulder down outer side of slightly bent arm to cuff edge)"

I understood the "back drop" length, but was unsure what they meant by, "centre of shoulder", so I asked again. The reply came:

"The “centre of the shoulder” measurement is on top of shoulder where the hood neck seam would be."

But I'm still none the wiser :(

Does this make sense to anyone (pehaps someone who has a Snowsled Smock?). I'm worried that my English is getting so bad that I can't understand..

Thanks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE