Which Rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Im looking for a weekend / multiday use rucksack larger than 35l no bigger then 50l that is light in weight (doesnt have to be ultralight, but not super heavy) and also has a reasonable "cooling" system on the back of the rucksack.

I started using a ligher OMM classic rucksack which really suited my needs, being lightweight etc, but due to the lack of breathability on my back it soon became drenched with sweat.

I have a larger Karrimor which has an "air channel" that goes up the spin of my back but again this doesnt seem to be enough so looking in Go Outdoors i seen some very pricey technical bags that have a mesh system to move the back of the rucksack away from the users back, but they were rather expensive. I plan on selling my OMM to lessen the blow of the new purchase but still cost is an issue.

thanks Mark

rg598

Native
If you want a lightweight pack that has good ventilation and is in the size you want, I would go with the Osprey Atmos 50. It weighs just over 3 lb, it has a 50L volume, and they have the best ventilation of any internal frame backpack i have seen. I tend to not be a huge fan of the system because it puts the pack a little further from your body than other packs, but if ventilation is an important aspect, they do a very good job at it.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Cheers guys, just looking at the Osprey website now.....

I did have a little look at your POD dn, but i've got a LA sting for more larger trips so was looking for something a little smaller/lighter with some spacing in the back area :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE