Which Lavvu

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
There is a group buy on Lavvu's at the moment but I really could do with some advice on which to get.

You see the "Frisport" ones LOOK good but they are still more expensive than the "Helsport" models. In fact, the Helsport Porsanger 8-10 ( http://www.tamarackoutdoors.co.uk/dispprod.pl?filtera=Equipment List&filterb=Tepee&filterc=Tepee ) is cheaper than the smaller Frisport Andersnatten Extreme (6-8) by quite a way...the group buy price is £543 ( http://www.frisport.com/sites/produkter.asp?sitemod=emne&myActive=19&id=91 )

Has anyone got any Idea why the Frisport ones are so expensive??
There is also the issue of the wheather in this country being more wet than the Lavvus can possibly handle.
Postage is also an Issue.

If you have ANY advice (apart from....get a tent mate!!) I would be greatful.

Cheers people
Stu.

O

oilyrag

Helsport Varanger won the 'best tipi' in Norwegian ‘Vilmarksliv’ magazine, Jan. 2006 and against very expensive opposition, I don't think it can be beat.

I personally have a Kultalavvu, and for something that weighs less than a dd hammock and tarp it is absolutely superb.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I have a Helsport Reinfell (same as Porsanger) and it's a bit of a turkey - snow valance is on top of straps so it blows around all the time. Leaks like a sieve at the strap attachment points round the base. Groundsheet that goes with it is too big and is a mess of velcro straps. Only really any use as a gear store. I also have a couple of Tentipi Varries - superb tents but expensive. Lavvus by Bison (madbearoutdoor) are also well spoken of by some.

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
I'll second the Bison Lavvus, been up in torrential rain and gale force winds with no problem. Only down side is weight...
jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE