Which kit item pushes your buttons ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
I know we're all a bunch of kit junkies over here, but I think everyone has one particular piece, or type of, kit that they just can't stop google-ing, looking up on ebay, customising, wanting to buy more of even though they already own five.......etc.
You all know what I'm talking about, personally I seem to have a bit of a bivi bag fetish going on, spent many hours in my youth looking at the ones in my Survival Aids catalogue and wishing I could afford one. Also, although don't own any, I love big rugged fixed blade knives, I blame Crocodile Dundee.

So what is it.... ? Tents, survival knives, jackets, boots, axes, folders, hammocks, tarps, binoculars, compasses, SAK's........? And why ?

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
sas smocks, love them, the old style pre-1970's. great layout of pockets, good hood shape, i have an original SAS snow smock died brown, and 2 replicas in sand and camo. like them with zips and without. would like one made in ventile for bushcrafting, nearest i've seen is the westwinds antarctica smock and the bison smock, the prices give me kit-sweats though. have modern ones as well and like those almost as much. but the ww2 design is spot on.

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
i'm a bit of a blade addict. i must admit i do have a tendency to go for bigger blades and blame crocodile dundee aswell. fond memories of sitting on my grandads knee watching it. after that it has to be bags or little useful pouches and then probably cooking stuff. it's quite worrying how if i were to win the lottery i would buy some woodland and then the rest would go on kit to use in the woodland.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Sharps, military rucksacks and military issue water canteens are my thing.

can't seem to get enough of them.

just got some russian gear yesterday (couple of flasks and pouches), sneaked it into the house washed it and while i had it drying tonight SWMBO spotted it and a 10 minute long lecture and moaning session was initiated.
But its fine for her to go out and buy 3 pairs of shoes for £300!

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
bags, rucksacks, pouches - I love Arc'Teryx (Yeah I'm a snob :p)

knives - Fallkniven

Lately though, Nikon camera gear!!!

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Hmm. I love my Meindl Dovre Extreme boots. Plenty of other toys to love, but at the end of the day if I've got warm dry feet, all's well with the world :)

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I've just discovered Deal Extreme - which means torches seem to be my new addiction. The trouble is that they are all relatively cheap, although I'm sure that I could buy a Fenix or two for the same amount of money I'm probably going to spend with them over the next couple of months.

I've also just realised that I've got far too many fleeces and norgie type tops. I've got at least six 'norgies' (both surplus and hiking type microfleeces), and I'm thinking of getting another one.

I also love army surplus places - they're a bit like second hand book shops, you just never know what you might find.
Unfortunately, I'm starting to run out of places to hide all this stuff from my other half. Of course some of it came in useful during the snow, so it bought me a little time....

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
For me it's books. Also R3xxy, can I interst you in a Croc Dundee style knife that I have for sale? I'min Sandbach, by the way.

Chris

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Lets not go there:

Kifaru rucksacks

Patagonia and Howies clothing, although I am also starting to get sucked in by the fact that we have a tailor at work.

Several Barbours

Several custom knives (StuM and Guycep to start).

Several Ceggas

TAD fleeces, merino jackets and shorts, but I'm wearing Acrteryx right now.

Spyderco folders

A full size range of LD Fenix torches from single AAA up, just catching sneaky glimpses of their headtorch.

My wife moans about all the jackets, but I have cleared a few, she doesn't know it's to free a coat peg or two......

But I could goon.....

Rob_Beek

Forager
Dec 19, 2009
Crewe
I haven't got much yet. But, my knife will be my favourtie bit of kit when it gets here, and i like a lot of that 58 pattern stuff. I can't afford to get it all in one go but i'll try and buy a bit of kit each week.

At the moment i've ordered:

Mora training knife
50ft of para cord
3 piece german mess set

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Soz Chris, not in the market for a monster blade at the moment. I'll give you a nudge when i win the lottery. Nice to know there are some more bushcraft/outdoor types in the area.
Which Mora have you ordered Bee, carbon or stainless ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE