Which Instrument Do You Pack & Play

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
In the past I've tried both a penny whistle and a harmonica but I seem to lack the time and patience to learn. I can play the drums well though.

So when I squirrel myself away into the deepest darkest part of Wales to escape from this virus (not really, when I'm stuck at home bored out of my brain!!). What instrument is quick and easy too learn only caveat is it must be packable.

What do you guys play?

OLO
www.onelifeoverland.com

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I tend to go through spells of apathy when I neglect playing at all. That said, the harmonica is hands down the easiest and most packable. Still; I’d avoid any wind instrument or instrument that touches the face (violins) until after the pandemic has passed.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I'm trying to learn the penny whistle after hearing Steve Crump playing it at the Summer Bushmoot last year - however, I fear I will never get anywhere near his ability :(

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ha ha, yeah, Steve has that Penny whistle nailed, so does Ed, both very accomplished.

I bought a Ukulele a few years ago and it's just sitting there, I really would like to be able to pack and play that one when out and about... Down to me prioritising time I Know.

Reactions: santaman2000

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Probably the easiest thing to 'pack' is the voice. Over the years, I've sung and, more recently, had singing lessons, so that's the instrument I choose to 'pack and play'! The repertoire is almost inexhaustible, covers several languages and, when the words escape you, there's no disgrace in 'la-la-ing', as long as it's tuneful.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE