Which GPS for woods??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Im after upgrading my old Garmin Gecko GPS to one that is sensitive enough to work in the woods. Idealy I want one that can Have OS maps on it (i.e Explorer map series)b ut that doesnt cost a fortune in pariferals such as software ect. I actualy hace the "Tracklogs" software at the moment that I used to use to load my routes into my Garmin.

If there arent any that come with the "proper" OS map versions, then a simple but VERY SENSITIVE gps will do.

Cheers guys.
Stu

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A guy at work was selling a Garmin Colorado (300 I think ??) for £180 a few weeks ago Stu, I'm not very up on them so don't know if it's what you're looking for. Not sure what software etc he's got on there but I can try and find out for you if you like.

He's not been in this week as he's got water on the brain and has been laid up in hospital having scans etc all week, I'll have chat with him though when/if he comes back in again.

I was tempted myself but then decided I probably wouldn't use it that much.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll have a word mate.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Bargain mate, but ive just got a 60CX form Amazon. Now im looking at the mapping software, but realy can take it or leave it as I can navigate with a map and compass. Tha GPS is just for positioning in places where this is difficult.

Cheers anyway Rich.
Stu

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE