Which Festivals

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I've noticed a few threads from people going to festivals over the summer so I was wondering which festivals people visited and what they liked or disliked?

This year we went to Beyond the Border in South Wales which is a Story telling festival held in the grounds of St Donat's Castle.

Great, chilled out, friendly little festival, not too big but attracting story tellers from all over the world. Don't be fooled into thinking it's all kids stuff, that's there if you want it but a lot of it is aimed at adult audiences too.

Other years we tend to go to Womad or Cambridge Folk Festival which are a bit better known. Great for seeing a variety of stuff from well known bands to obscure international acts you didn't even know existed.

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Beautiful Days is a local favorite. Set up by The Levellers and kept small (15000). Great for kids and no big companys involved.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Gary, I last went to Beyond the Border about 12 years ago or so. Really enjoyed it. There is another story telling festival well worth checking out which I've been to many times over the last ten years called Festival At The Edge.

It on the top of Wenlock Edge just outside Much Wenlock. Even smaller than BTB but it attracts some top notch story tellers, some decent music and its a great location. Every year in mid July.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Near here in Niceville we have the Mullet festival. A weekend affair celebrating music (live musicians) and local seafood (particularly mullet obviosly) Friday night is usually rock night with bands from the 60s, 70s, or 80s; Saturday is country night and obviously draws the biggest crowds (partially due to the fact that they usually book current stars for that night) Sunday afternoon is usually devoted to whatever local performers IIRC (I don't know for sure because I've only ever been to one Sunday venue in the 23 years I've been here)

Every night and afternoon they have the various craft booths and food booths featuring local seafood and mullet as well as alligator.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
well I always enjoy Glastonbury, missed it this year there is something for everyone there. Not sure I would enjoy camping in the public fields but we are in the green fields where there is more space and away from the crush. New one last year was wilderness festival, went again this year enjoyed both. Bit posh hippy but very nice vibe, closes down at 2am so if you are into dancing to 6am it ain't so good. Still miss the old free festivals, was at the last stone henge and then Westbury after the beanfield.

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
Near here in Niceville we have the Mullet festival. A weekend affair celebrating music (live musicians) and local seafood (particularly mullet obviosly) Friday night is usually rock night with bands from the 60s, 70s, or 80s; Saturday is country night and obviously draws the biggest crowds (partially due to the fact that they usually book current stars for that night) Sunday afternoon is usually devoted to whatever local performers IIRC (I don't know for sure because I've only ever been to one Sunday venue in the 23 years I've been here)

Every night and afternoon they have the various craft booths and food booths featuring local seafood and mullet as well as alligator.

Nearly wet myself on reflex thinking you meant the haircut. Then i read the second line about the fish.

Says more about me so appologies in advance.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Nearly wet myself on reflex thinking you meant the haircut. Then i read the second line about the fish.

Says more about me so appologies in advance.

LOL. I don't think many people would still celebrate the haircut. The fish on the other hand seems to be very popular along the Gulf Coast. It's also known as "Biloxi Bacon."

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE