Which edc sharp?

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I've got a job tomorrow 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. and thought i will use some of the money towards a new sharp.. but which one?
Nothing special but i'm undecided between:

Victorinox farmer:
412qWupoqyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Farmer-Knife/dp/B0024FA8ZQ

Or the Joker No 74
31ucBVsq0HL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Joker-Folding-Spanish-Handle-Locking/dp/B004HS6G9K/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1

Would get both but im also getting a new sleeping mat and a 10cm zebra billy can ready for my walk to Brecon :)

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Head says Farmer, heart says Farmer too. Loads more functions and tougher than the Joker as well.

The Farmer is Ray Mears compared to the Jokers Bruce Parry, both lovely chaps but I know who I'd want with me in the woods.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
This is what i mean... :p

I will most likely get the other as well before long but as i'm only now part time i can only get 1 at the moment as i need new waterproofs and boots..
What ever i pick will only be for walks anyway as if i go out in the woods i will have my full tank knife and bahco laplander :)

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
The Farmer's saw and awl tip are really useful. Good blade too. Plus bottle and tin opener, and screwdrivers.

Easier to find if you drop it in the forest too. The Joker is tree coloured. Don't get me wrong, I want a Joker, but between the two I think the Farmer is best.
yep.......Bruce :)

loads more fun :) :)

Nope............Ray - Bruce would probably try to eat all the mushrooms and then try and sacrifice you to the woodspirits

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Ok I would have the farmer. But seeing as though I already have one I would buy a svord Peasant

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
- Bruce would probably try to eat all the mushrooms and then try and sacrifice you to the woodspirits[/QUOTE]

yep :).....as i said, loads more fun :)

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Depending on how much i spend on waterproofs, boots, billy and sleeping mat i may get both.
Dont really need any but i want both!! :)

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Good man !! thats the way :)

I was heavily influenced by your old post with all the blades!:)

Thinking about it the joker looks nicer and looks a better blade..
but the Victorinox are more common so people dont worry when they see them?

I dont really wave knives about anyway so ill most likely get the Joker first and then the victorinox when i save some pennies :)

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i think the Joker is a good gentlemans knife to carry legally, the yew handle is lovely with a cracking blade shape.

a bit like the penknife your grandad always had :)

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
i think the Joker is a good gentlemans knife to carry legally, the yew handle is lovely with a cracking blade shape.

a bit like the penknife your grandad always had :)

hmm.. sold! Think i will order it as soon as i get home tomorrow :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE