which boots go with berghaus atak gaiters?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

miles888

Jan 6, 2012
peak district
hi folks miles888, hope all are well.

some advice needed on boots. i have said berghaus gaiters with full rubber rand n would like some new boots
i was thinking some alt-berg but anyone have anythoughts?

terrain is northumbria np, scotish border - do they need to be stiffer 3-4 season?
thanks

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Scarpa take those gaiters, I have the Scarpa attack boots, there getting on a bit but are a good boot.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Yetis fit onto Lowa Mountain boot GTX's

You have to chop off the front retaining strap and it helps to use some glue to bond down the toe of the gaiter to the boot and once they are on you leave them on

It helps if the boots have a stiffish sole. So something with a really flexible sole like a fabric walking boot will not work that well.

Scarpa used to sell boots with an ATTAK sole which was designed to mate to the gaiters but I think they have now stopped offering these.

This might help...

[video]http://m.youtube.com/?reload=3&rdm=4pmbrct9a#/watch?desktop_uri=/watch?v=3ALdL-fUAOU&list=UUWBkm7vi87F9SbVzWH 9zjQA&index=43&feature=plcp&in dex=43&list=UUWBkm7vi87F9SbVzW H9zjQA&feature=plcp&v=3ALdL-fUAOU&gl=NZ[/video]

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I used them with Scarpa attacks back in my hillwalking days ,but found them annoying they took a bit of stretching to get on and i glued them a bit at the toe but after a short periods of climbing which you are using the toe of your boot first the toe of the boot was exposed so for hillwalking no maybe for flat walking !

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I believe that the only soles designed specifically for the Yeti Attack gainter are the Skywalk Attack. I have these soles on my old scarpa SLs (the new version of which now use vibram), and I think Berghaus then used the Attack soles on some of their boots. Not sure if anyone uses that sole any more though. I also used a pair of yetis with my lowa patrol boots- cut the thin underfoot strap off, and glue the gainter rand onto the rand of the sole (just round the front to stop the toe bit of the gaiter lifting). I used superglue and it worked well. Just took a bit of force to peel off when i didn't want the gaiters fixed anymore, but no damage to either the gaiter or the boot.

I imagine this would work with any boots that have a fairly stiff sole.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I wear mine with Brasher GTX and have never had any problems. I know that they are not built for these boots but I also didn't know that they wear built for any in particular. As they seem to fit most boot types.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE