Which billie can ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Chance,

My can is also supported more than suspended. Can't post pics of my handle solution but basically i got two metal skewers which already have eyes at one end. I cut them to required length, bending the sharp end over to form a small V. Cut two small holes in sides of can near to top and the V shaped skewers fit in to the holes and the eyes can be used to suspend the can. It also means that whilst cooking you can take out the handles so they don't get hot.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Squidders, hadn't thought about the stainless / aluminium choice. Will need more thought. 16cm isn't too bad as I'll be leaving my stove and fuel bottle thus creating a bit of space (if I'm brave enough that is and don't end up taking the stove, hidden in my new billie can !!!).

Richard, my current stove is a Primus Onmi fuel http://www.basegear.com/primusomnifuel.html If it burns this thing will use it. Has been bomb proof for years and boils a pan of water in about 2 mins. Takes a bit of cleaning if I've used unleaded as the soot gets everywhere but thats the only fault, wouldn't swap it for anything else and would recommend it without worry.

I've got a couple of Omnifuels, very good they are too although I find my Nova's simmer better. Have you tried panel wipe or Aspen 4T instead of petrol? Burn clean, no soot, no smell from spills, much better fuels to be honest.

Wilkinson's have reduced their own label BBQ fluid to 70p a litre, is just clear paraffin, burns fine in any of my stoves or lamps and I picked up the last 17 litres this morning (I've reserved another 36 litres from the next delivery) :)

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Thanks.
Another option from which to choose. Unless I accept some prototype attrition, it's going to be hard deciding
First working prototype:
Converti-billy_small.jpg

Didn't have time to whittle a nice pot-hanger for the photos, or to take the rough edges off the ferrules, but it's passed all of its first tests satisfactorily.
I'll let you know if I spot any failings during long term testing; but I'm happy with this attempt so far.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE