Which Axe File

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
I have the GFB axe stone, but There is no way im paying for the file when they are so cheap in the shops. So my question is what "grade" should I buy. I suppose it will be used for dinks that cannot be removed with the Gransfors stone.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
do a search for FLAT CHAINSAW FILE on ebay. these files are 6inch long with fine teeth and only cost about £2 each. all you have to do is fit a handle on it and they are cheep to replace when its worn out. if you buy the gransfors your just paying for a name.

pete

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Do you happen to know what grade of file this is. I was hoping to get one from Axminster. They sell good quality files at low prices. I was thinking of a choice between "B a stard" , "2nd cut", or "fine".

do a search for FLAT CHAINSAW FILE on ebay. these files are 6inch long with fine teeth and only cost about £2 each. all you have to do is fit a handle on it and they are cheep to replace when its worn out. if you buy the gransfors your just paying for a name.

pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE