Where's Wallace? Walking the length of the UK....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
wallace.jpg

At work we have been supporting Matt Wallace;

http://www.whereswallace.org/

also on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/#!/whereswallace

who is walking from John O'Groats to Land's End, promoting Cancer Research etc as outlined in his blog.

Joe and me walked part of the way with him on Saturday into Edinburgh, and he's just been to our Research Centre here in Edinburgh as part of his walk.

As he is criss-crossing the country heading to each Cancer Research UK centre, I thought it might be nice for and forum members in the areas to either follow him on Facebook, or if possible accompany him for any distance in their area. He is contactable through Facebook or his blog page...

He's also on the lookout for spots/areas to camp en route, and who better to advise CR:UK than BC:UK....

JohnC

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
well done mate and best of luck with your adventure, im set to do it the other way round, lands end to john o'groats at the end of april next year, cant wait, 2 months of walk/camping in a different place every day....pure bliss:D:D:D

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
He's raised a fair bit so far, and is doing interviews at some of the centres. I think he's gone through one pair of boots so far.....

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Good on him :)
It's an innovative way to wander the length of the country :cool:
A cause very close to an awful lot of people.

cheers,
M

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
well done mate and best of luck with your adventure, im set to do it the other way round, lands end to john o'groats at the end of april next year, cant wait, 2 months of walk/camping in a different place every day....pure bliss:D:D:D
Did this myself Col when I was 30, slept in ruined crofters cottages and hay barns and in hedges on the way .
An amazing way to see our beautiful country, no tent, just a tarp.
Made a grand or so for 'Shelter', the homeless charity aswell, happy days !
Well done J and J !
My best.
Chris.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
He's looking ahead to when he hits England, he's been using campsites when he can and fields when he cant....

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Did this myself Col when I was 30, slept in ruined crofters cottages and hay barns and in hedges on the way .
An amazing way to see our beautiful country, no tent, just a tarp.
Made a grand or so for 'Shelter', the homeless charity aswell, happy days !
Well done J and J !
My best.
Chris.

Good stuff, Chris, i didnt know you had done it when you were just at nipper lol....i might give you a bell about the walk if i get stuck about any of the stages in my planning after xmas. hope your keeping well mate..

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Matt is on the "last week" of his walk for Cancer Research....
We donated to his One Quid on the 29th appeal last week, he's had quite a time of it with cliff falls and leg injuries, but is nearly there.....

He posted earlier:

"This time next week it'll all be over. The end of 150 days on the road, from one end the country to the other via 14 different cities on the way. This time next week this adventure ends for me but Cancer Research UK's work in finding better diagnoses, treatments and preventions for cancer will carry on. So far, together, we've raised £18,500 and I hope that number will continue to rise as Land's End appears on the horizon. Please, if you've not had a chance to donate yet, millions of people would be grateful if you could spare whatever you can afford. www.justgiving.com/
......."

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE