Where you came from, where you are?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Where are you from, where are you now?

• Born UK/Ireland, living UK/Ireland

Votes: 49 68.1%
  • Born UK/Ireland, living elsewhere

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Born outside UK/Ireland, living in your birth country

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Born outside UK/Ireland, living outside your birth country

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Born outside UK/Ireland, now living in UK

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Born in Tring, Hertfordshire due to my old man being in the RAF and stationed there, but my ancestors (mums side) all come from Exmouth in Devon. I love the sea, and will be moving back there tres soon. I spent my early childhood in Exmouth, My great grandfather was a haulier working out of Exmouth docks unloading the ships. around 1880ish Due to family deaths and various circumstances I've ended up in Oxford but Devon will always be home. Going back as soon as possible. :)

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
I was born in the US but I've spent more than ten years living in Brazil. My wife grew up here but she is a US citizen too. Two of my kids are dual citizens. I have never been out of the Western Hemisphere but I have traveled the length of it from Alaska to Chile. Mac

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Born kessingland suffolk england lived in Aberdeen for a while then london moved to the Netherlands for 3 years moved back lived in Westhill scotland for about 1 year moved back to Kessingland moved back to Holland still here.. tempted to move to Australia but cant convince the wife Tried to move to wales cant convince the wife ....

8(

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
Born in glasgow, scotland. family moved to manchester, england. my home is glossop and been around but not as much as i'd like. currently in dordrecht, NL and like it here. BUT looking to go to canada again or new zealand in '09/ '10. just cant settle. itchy feet

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Born in Manhattan, New York. Lived about 40 miles up the Hudson River from the City, had Sing Sing max security prison a mile north and Sleepy Hollow about four miles south. Yeah, lousy landmarks :rolleyes: , but you gotta go with whatcha got!

Moved to the UK when I was 11, been here now 20 years and still feel somewhat mid-atlantic. Maybe 'cause I have one parent from each camp, and dual nationality as a result.

I have spent as long now in Hertfordshire (8 years) as I have anywhere in the UK, but still don't feel like it is home.

Nelis

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Oudenbosch
Hi All,

Probably boring, but I was born and raised in the village of terheijden in the netherlands, and am now married and living in the the village of oudenbosch about 10 miles west southwest of where I was born.

Grtz,

Niels

Ranger Bob

Nomad
Aug 21, 2004
Suffolk
I was born in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, I still live in Suffolk, quite boring really. What makes it remotely interesting is that I can trace both sides of my family to within 20 miles of Bury St Edmunds, stretching back over the best part of 800 years. (I think that would qualify me as "local")

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Quite a difficult question to answer for me, I was born in England but now live in Cornwall, most of people I have known here resent being called English. Lived here 38 years off and on and am still regarded as a foreigner.:dunno:

Mmmmm, why is this a difficult question? Is Cornwall not part of the UK, regardless of whether they consider themselves English?

Graham

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE