Where to park at Grasmere for 3 nights

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
I'm heading up to Grasmere on Sunday for 3 nights - can anyone recommend anywhere to park where the car is less likely to get broken into.

Are they all Pay and Display car parks up there? Would I be better parking in Langdale and walking over ? (Heading up past Easedale Tarn the first night)

Snozz

unsponsored

Settler
Apr 6, 2009
North East England
From Keswick take the 2nd turn Swan Lane (B5287) into Grasmere (1st turn Pye Lane takes you past the church, single width ends up in the same place). Just before you cross the bridge there is a section of road without double yellow lines and outside the parking restriction zone. Hotel/B&Bs on the left and a workshop/blacksmiths place on the right.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...oid=eNLnKwYPYisKMe7QtMDCWg&cbp=12,191.75,,0,0

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
On the main road to Keswick going north away from Grasmere there is a huge layby just before the Traveller's Rest pub. This is free and there are no restrictions AFAIK such as "no overnight parking" signs. I have done overnighters from there many times. It is only about 10 minutes walk tops into the centre of Grasamere. I think many others park there overnight.

Also a bit further on there is Dunmail Raise. People regularly park on the grassy verge near the top. I bit ouut from Grasmere but from Dunmail Raise you can walk over towards some of the fells above Grasmere.

AFAIK there have not been that many break in on that main road. I used to remember seeing broken in cars as a kid in the Lakes but as an adult I am sure I haven't seen any broken in cars.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE