Where to go bushcrafting in kent?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
You seem like a knowledgeable lot, looking for somewhere in Kent to practice me bushcraft skills, ideally somewhere where I can have a small fire. Tried all local scout facilities, and local authorities etc etc, having no luck. Would ideally like somewhere that allows it rather than hiding away, risking getting caught trespassing, breaking laws etc. Can anyone help? Anywhere within a 50 mile radius of junction 6, M25 would be good.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi Woodcutter and welcome here.........
If you click on the above community tab, and the scroll down to meet ups and social chatter, in there you will find that there is often a kent meet up.
Keep your eyes peeled on here as meets do occure all round the country............

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
As I understand Ross Wood Scout Site outside Canterbury hires the entire place out to non scout groups, I can look into teh price if enough people are interested.

Having said that its not that far from the existing moots so it may not be worth it :(

Hello all, I'm living in Canterbury at the moment and am myself looking for for a spot or two. I will keep asking around and will let you all know if I find anywhere. I think that the Ross Wood Scout Site would be a possibility. If you take it further I would love to be included! Will keep you all posted. Nick

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
I'm in Kent too... any chance we could hook up with you peeps at some point? There is one little thing tho', our daughter (she's 7) is Home Educated and we like to include her in bushcraft activities as we think it's a good learning experience. Would having her tag along at any time be a problem?

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Hi there Woodcutter,

In answer to your question about the land I have In the Surrey/Sussex borders.
Your more than welcome to come to one of my meets but unfortunately I have to be there so Its not poss to let you just use the land.
Hope this helps a bit :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE