Where to get insulating fire bricks?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I thought I'd just found a reasonably priced refractory brick online so I went through to purchase... They slapped on a £30 surcharge for not meeting their minimum order requirements! Won't be buying those then!

Please can anyone recommend a reliable source for some insulating fire bricks?

Many thanks

Leo

Jack_D

May 11, 2009
Midhurst
Hi Leo

I got the bricks for my "2 brick forge" from artisanfoundry.co.uk they were about £3.50 each plus you need flue block cement which comes in a tube for about £7.00. On top of that the shipping is £7.95 - I bought 5 blocks and the flue cement, came to £32.39. This was after quite a bit of searching though - I couldnt find them locally at all.

What are you building.

No links to company etc.

Cheers

Jon

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Guys, are the bricks in old night storage heaters any good for the purpose.
I picked up a few going spare in a skip,

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
I found some when I was out for a wonder a couple of weeks age near a old limekiln, it was near a log jam on a burn that had washed away the bank.

6e330c62.jpg

a79d1c84.jpg

LindaRodriguez

Feb 9, 2013
uk
Fire brick is fine, my forge is all fire brick, I use coke in my forge and every couple of years I change the innermost bricks because
they tend to collect slag and get mucked up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE