Where to find soles

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Heres me fancying some new footwear...`Hey, Im a leatherworker, arent I?`

So, I plan to try to make some Calligae.

I have some hobnails but I suspect I will make an enemy of every houseproud wooden floor owner in the country if I use them.

Any suggestions for more modern soles?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
An old car tyre? You could cut out a bit with the right tread/grip on it.

Stormsure is good stuff for glueing rubber soles on.

Thats what Im planning on doing with my Simms wading boots, as cobblers wont touch them, and I aint sending em back to montana to be repaired.

Last edited:

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
In April I got some really nice insoles free from my local M.S.K. (MUSCULOSKELETAL) Podiatry Department...

After 6 months of crippling pain I feared the worst & I thought my Hill walking days were over & with my wife Nagging at me like forever, I finally went to My GP He referred to M.S.K. Podiatry Department... & I was diagnosed with:~

Plantar Fasciitis (Plantar Heel pain)

The bones in my feet had totally collapsed (I had flat feet)
Plantar pad – fat pad atrophy – generalised pain, Plantar Fasciitis – pain at attachment of PF to
Medial calc. tubercle radiates into arch and mets. ,Worse first thing in the morning and on standing.

discharged now I still have a lesser leavel of pain but still painful none the less with strong Painkillers, stretches & physio type exercises I'm told 6 months down the line I will be feeling the benefits...

Alan

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE