Where to buy leather?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

davidpingu

Forager
Nov 3, 2012
Cwmbran
I'm after a piece for making a nice wide strop on a wooden base and then something to go around the top of the axe handle as a guard.
I can see stuff on eBay but do people have any suggested suppliers?

Thanks,

Dave

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I've used Tandy. On recommendations from other chaps. I can say, from my experience, that the leather is top quality. I bought it when it was on offer, half price for what looks a whole hide of 5 mm veg tanned. There are many here that are infinitely more qualified than I that will undoubtedly add their suggestions methinks.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
You could also have a look around a few charity shops for old leather belts. They'll cost anything from a few pence to a couple of quid at most.

I've bought a few intending to use them as strops but ended up wearing them instead...:)

davidpingu

Forager
Nov 3, 2012
Cwmbran
Went with eBay in the end, cheers guys. I do have an old leather belt but wanted something a good 6 inches in width as a strop. Will bear in mind your suggestions for anything else though :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE