where is the nearest jungle?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
where is the nearest jungle when i'm located in Scandinavia?

i've always wanted to go on a proper jungle adventure with exotic animals, plants, sounds and rivers with weird fish and so on.
problem is, i don't like sitting in a plane very long.
so i would like to check out flights to see if it is at all possible.

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
i can get you there but check out the kit list ???-do you have everything you need for week in the jungle ???? :rolleyes: excluding transport !! :)

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
no, i don't even own shorts.
what kit list?

this isn't something that will be done in an immediate future.
i just want know where the nearest such place are, so i can figure out flight time.
if we're talking 12-15 hours i consider it to be un-doable.

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
thanks, exactly what i needed.
asia is out of question due to price and long travel.
going to the amazon is much cheaper, and might be possible to do in 2x 8 hour flights.

its something to think about at least.

different jungles to be found but,

12 hours of flying is NOT ok and 2x8 is acceptable?..... Going to Asia,especially Thailand this time of year is expensive. It's the main season.
Mexico/Belize might be shorts in flight timeS.

The Amazon got me over a days of travel in total from The Netherlands. (Amsterdam - Cape Verde - Fortaleza - Manaus). Cheap but time consuming and from there about 1.5 days with a boat before I was in jungle I wanted to be in (not another tourist in sight)

Thailand/Malaysia is about 12 hour flight non stop. With checking you can get a stop over in Dubai or so....
The mentioned BCUK course is Borneo, last time I checked that is in SE Asia....

I have no experiences with African jungles or India, let alone scheduled flights, stop overs etc.

From Norway you'll either have to do it with one or more stopovers or take the time and travel by land as much as possible :cool:

Grtz Johan

Junglist

May 30, 2011
Kent
thanks, exactly what i needed.
asia is out of question due to price and long travel.
going to the amazon is much cheaper, and might be possible to do in 2x 8 hour flights.

its something to think about at least.

I've just been to a jungle in India, it was £295 for an 8 week return flight from the UK to Mumbai with Air India, 40kg bag allowance, and £19 for a flight from Mumbai to Goa.
From the UK the flight is only 9 hours, flight internally to Goa is an hour.
Very, very cheap flights to India from the UK and very, very cheap living costs while your out there for food etc.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83481

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE