Where is the dog?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hawkeye The Noo

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Dunoon, Argyll
Since the baby has arrived, I decided to get health and safety minded as it is more than just the misses and myself; therefore we got more smoke alarms. One of them is so sensitive that if you even had bad breath it would go off. Well the oldest dog got so freaked out that I put her in the secure dogproof back garden, or so I thought. She had escaped. I walked the perimeter of the garden not looking for tracks but an obvious place that a 45 pound dog could get through, nothing, all secure. I walked it a second time looking for any ground sign and found a few fresh clawmarks, next to a 2 inch gap under the fence. There on the fence was a few hairs from her undercoat. On sight it looked impossible but she must have forced it up and then it must have sprung back down covering up her Houdini act. She had went round the back and then sat on the front door step. Her back had a small scratch from her impossible limbo routine. I felt quite chuffed with the Sherlock Holmes in me. Cheers to my mentor in tracking: Max
Result one answered question, one found dog and one chuffed tracker.

Hawkeyethenoo

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hah, that's nuthin' :D Just you wait Daddy......try finding a toddler who's managed to escape his reins on a Summer hillwalk and has disappeared into the heather to piddle standing up like daddy..........I think if I ever have grandkids I'll get them chipped like cats and dogs and use a gps ;)

Seriously though, doesn't it feel good when deductive reasoning and observation leads to a result? :)

Cheers,
Toddy

Joff

Forager
Jul 31, 2005
Somerset
Nice one Jamie! I see Uncle Max is running an advanced in Scotland in May - are you helping out on that one?

Cheers

Jon

Jan 22, 2006
uk
i heard a story of someone that got into tracking having never done it before because they suspected their partner of having an afair.

they came home one day and their awareness told them that something wasnt quite right in the house, and they managed to track subtle signs thru the house (colour change on carpet, water droplets etc) and discovered the truth, or enough to confront their partner. i do mean subtle signs too, not exactly undies hanging off the lamp etc!

so watchout! :eek:

Hawkeye The Noo

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Dunoon, Argyll
Hi Jonathan, I am not sure whether I will be there, if possible I will pop by to help out but I thought knowing my timetable Uncle max would have timetabled it as to when I was off work, so that i could help. :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE