Where in North Yorkshire!?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stupot

Oct 31, 2007
Harrogate
As the woods I used to go quite happily to has now been completely trashed by (for want of a better name that could not possibly be expressed on these forums) drunken vandals ,which will take me months to clear up, I am now in search of a new place to practise bushcraft. Does anyone know of any woods where I could contact the owner around Leeds and Ripon in North Yorkshire? Or just any good spots to go to. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

While I'm at it, are there any young bushcrafters in this area?

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
yep. Pretty much as it always was.

Mostly OK but some rubbish. Oh and its Calverley. The Byway Open to All Traffic is has now got a TRO and the gate locked. Still doesnt stop the kids on motorbikes though.

Better woods just down the road over the boarder in Bradford.

Stupot

Oct 31, 2007
Harrogate
Hi EdS, what are Calverley woods like for sleeping in? By "the woods down the road" do you mean the Priesthrope ones or the Round Wood ones? Thanks for the info :)

Stupot

Oct 31, 2007
Harrogate
Just looking on the map now, i've spotted stainburn forest. Anyone had any experience there? I know it's quite popular with cyclists.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi EdS, what are Calverley woods like for sleeping in? By "the woods down the road" do you mean the Priesthrope ones or the Round Wood ones? Thanks for the info :)

Never really considered Calverley for sleeping - probably not best as they are heavily used and have loads of paths. Plus it is a readily accessable wood for anyone.

I'd give Round Wood a miss - Ravenscliife isn't the bst of areas.

I'm not going to name places as they are private land and "strictly" no camping but if you are descrete and leave not trace - follow the canal (Liverpool direction) there ae some interesting woods. There are a lot of paths but if there is not a group of you and you are sensible.

Stupot

Oct 31, 2007
Harrogate
Hmmm I'll take your advice. I think I'll check Stainburn Forest out and I'm sure theres a scout camp somewhere nearby. Thanks anyway.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
There used to be a cracking couple of sites near Appletreewick in North Yorkshire, again, it's been a while, i'll try to dig out more info, but there were two sites; one partially wooded with a nice meadow next to a river with waterfall, and another a couple of miles away. This was sparsely wooded in a valley but very remote.

Dirty Karlos

Forager
Oct 16, 2007
Hull
www.karlholtby.com
I'm a young 35 and in east Yorkshire.
I fancy trying somewhere, I won't say where but it is FC land. Though a very quiet spot compared to Dalby and Cropton forest. If we arrived late, disappeared early it could have potential I reckon, though no fires obviously.
PM me if you're interested.

Stupot

Oct 31, 2007
Harrogate
Well I'm 16 and in Harrogate aswell! Where abouts do you normally practise bushcraft Ark Angel? Dirty Karlos this place sounds good. I'll pm you if i can't find anywhere good soon. 35 is young enough hehe :lmao:

Jul 20, 2008
Thirsk
Hi Stupot, I am 31 and live near Ripon. Looking for a good site myself so give me a shout if you find anywhere. I am looking into Warren forest in nidderdale as a possible location. Will let you know if its any good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE