Where I walk my dogs (picture heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
I've been meaning to post this for a while now and some of my pictures in another post on the edged tools section got a bit of interest, I thought I would share some more.
This is Kinnaber beach and moorland near Montrose in Angus. Part of the area used to be RAF Montrose and sections of the airstrip are still visable, as are some of the fortifications along the beach that were designed to stop the German invasion during the last war.
The whole area has moorland, woodland, tidal river and one of the best beaches in the UK. The sand dunes are covered in marram grass that is a home to rare lizards. I did spot one once but they are quick little beggars! There are Kestrels, Buzzards, owls, Roe deer, foxes and more rabbits that you can shake a stick at. At the river, I have seen 90% of the duck species that inhabit the British Isles. At certain times of the year there are rafts of Eider ducks, Scoters, Widgeon, Mallard and Teal. Black and Red throated divers are common, as are Goosanders. I have seen an Osprey taking fish and fighting the gulls to get away clean. There is a Peregrine that lives on the other side of the river at St Cyrus, that has fun with Terns. Seals and Dolphins swim in the bay and that is part of the reason that I built my seat down by the river. I go there all year, photograph it all year and have amassed a fair collection of photographs in my Study of Kinnaber folder. Here are some of them.
SAM_0794.jpg

SAM_0736.jpg

SAM_0091.jpg

SAM_0051.jpg

SAM_0075.jpg

SAM_0141.jpg

SAM_0200.jpg

SAM_0801.jpg

SAM_0277.jpg

SAM_0266.jpg

SAM_0275.jpg

SAM_0796.jpg

SAM_0797.jpg

Even after a crap week this place, whatever the weather is my happy place. Snow or rain does not detract from it's beauty and it is forever changing. The North sea changes the sand and shore line, and the light is magical.
Hope you liked the pictures.

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
Looks great, a bit like the Northumberland coast but with more trees and less people.
The crazy thing is that the other side of the Esk is St Cyrus beach and it is usually heaving with people, whereas Kinnaber is frequently empty! 2 miles of sand with just me and the girls is not uncommon. Just don't tell anyone...

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Beautiful area and great lookig boxer (I cain't make out the far dog in the background) I wish the beaches here were open to dogs. Thanks for sharing.

Soundmixer

Forager
Mar 9, 2011
Angus, Scotland
OK, here we go.
This is Maggie. She is a 4 year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier and is a fine example of the breed. Very affectionate and loyal.
08August.jpg
[/IMG]

She is not the usual staffy, but is quite leggy and muscled. She also blends in with the background quite well...
10October.jpg
[/IMG]

This is lexie, a 2 1/2 year old Patterdale cross Border. She is a right little sh1t! This is the only place we can let her off because she has a thing for deer, cats, foxes and anything else that moves. Many stories to tell. She is really cute and is a gem at home, but the mask comes off when she is out.
11November.jpg
[/IMG]

04April.jpg
[/IMG]

But together, can anyone sing Hakuna matata!
12Dec.jpg
[/IMG]

The two of then are just great! Thanks for asking for me to post these pics.

Proud father!:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE