Where can I leave my car for a week?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harb505

Forager
Nov 22, 2011
Lincolnshire
Well me and a few friends are off for a week hiking/backpacking in Scottland in a coulple of months or so. It's my intention to drive up there. This presents a problem that I need somewhere where i can leave my car for a week. Our destination will probably be the Galloway forest but maybe as far up as Aviemore. In the past I have called camp sites in advance and come to an agreement about usning their car parks but my luck seems to of run dry on that front.
Any suggestions would be really appreciated thank you.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Rip off a wiper, go to a garage and ask them to replace it.
Let them know that you are in no hurry and will leave the car with them ... if the job is not done by the time you return pop it back on yourself a few yards down the road.
The cost of the job will justify the security of the parking!
Cheaper than long term parking at an airport!

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Could you not just leave it in a close (ish) village?

If there's no specific parking restrictions for that area then your road tax covers its space on the road surely.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece

If there's no specific parking restrictions for that area then your road tax covers its space on the road surely.

+1

I've been hiking and mountain biking many times for 1 week 2weeks etc and never had any problems leaving my car at the start of the hike.

Harb505

Forager
Nov 22, 2011
Lincolnshire

Sounds good :D would get the train but the fuel cost are a fraction of the ticket cost especially as we will be sharing fuel costs.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Tie things down a little tighter; so that you give a fair idea of where you're going, and maybe folks in the area would let you leave the car next to their house or know of a safe place near to where you're going.
Country wide is too large a scope.

cheers,
Toddy...........on street here is safe, but we're not near anything you'd really want to climb/camp and we're the wrong side of Glasgow for the Trossachs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE